ITA Meeting Minutes – 09/03/18
Iowa Taekwondo Alliance Meeting
Monday Sep 03, 2018
Regular Meeting (Teleconference)
Number: 712-775-8963, Code 516347
Called to order by Erin Carpenter at 7:00pm
Present: Erin Carpenter, Teresa Nickell, Mike Wickham, Justin Faiferlick, Chris Schear, Karen Collins,
Absent: Amy Ratekin, Ryan Bishop, Anne Neumann, Thomas Hawkins jr, Scott Phelps, Dan Fath.
- Update by Erin on State Championship changes by USAT. State presidents are concerned. Costs will most likely increase, mandatory medals, audited certified financial statement, testing a trial membership, residency, standard bylaws, and hangastar options. Looking at a membership management system with app and tournament integrated, and ranking points.
- Proposal by Justin Faiferlick to have ITA co-host/sponsor an Athlete Domination Camp with the Juice Compound Tim Thackrey at Faiferlick Martial Arts in Fort Dodge on Sat Oct 6, 2018. Sponsorship would give ITA members discount on registration. Motion made by Mike Wickham, 2nd by Chris Schear. Unanimous vote to approve $1500 sponsorship.
- Erin talked about a proposal from Jim Harp to purchase a Poomsae Pro, 5 controllers, wiring, and hub for $1300. Need a laptop and monitor. Just for 1 ring. Discussed options including getting some more training and certified Poomsae referees.
- Location and date set for Qualifier. Erin working with USAT.
- Meeting adjourned, no objections, 7:37pm