ITA Meeting Minutes 12/23/2018
Iowa Taekwondo Alliance Meeting
Sunday Dec 23, 2018
Regular Annual Meeting (Teleconference)
Number: 712-775-8963, Code 516347
Called to order by Erin Carpenter at 7:00pm
Present: Erin Carpenter, Teresa Nickell, Mike Wickham, Justin Faiferlick, Chris Schear, Karen Collins, Amy Ratekin, Ryan Bishop, Anne Neumann, Scott Phelps, Mark Faiferlick, Brian Walsh, Ryan Yen, Jim Harp
Absent: Daniel Fath, Thomas Hawkins Jr
- Approved previous meeting minutes from Sep 03, 2018.
- Treasurer Report: Karen Collins. Sitting good at over $22,000 in two accounts. Made just over $4,000 in 2018. Income was $17,000, about $14000 from qualifier. Also seminars and membership and a small donation. Cost of qualifier was about $9,600. Rest of expenses about $3,300 for the year such as insurance and fees.
- Election of Cabinet members – Unanimously
President – Erin Carpenter – 2 year term
Eastern Delegate – Teresa Nickell – 2 year term
Central Delegate – Chris Schear – 2 year term
Western Delegate – Anne Neumann – 2 year term
Coach Representative – Mark Faiferlick – 1 year term
Referee Representative – Mike Wickham- 1 year term
Club Representative – Brian Walsh – 1 year term
Kyorugi Athlete Representative – Skylar Kantaris – 1 year term
Poomsae Athlete Representative – Ryan Bishop – 1 year term
- State Championship/National Qualifier. Amy updated, date is Feb 23 at Iowa College of Higher Education. Referee seminar the night before. Mandatory medals were ordered from Vision. Once club is approved, USAT will put us on the new system for qualifier. Membership management system which is changing from Hangastar around Jan 3, 2019 to an app with membership, tournament integration, and ranking points.
- Poomsae Pro software: Jim Harp / Amy Ratekin. As soon as enough Poomsae certified referees, we can use Poomsae Pro software.
- Seminars: Ryan Bishop. Sat Jan 26 for sanctioned referee and Sun Jan 27 poomsae seminar at 9am-6pm at Amy Ratekin school. First hours for color belts skills and drills, then black belts. Need to promote.
- Daedo: Amy said Seth Wilson said USAT will be requiring Gen 2 for world class athletes even at qualifiers. Gen 1 for all rest. Master Faiferlick has software and hardware for 3 full Gen 1 rings. Faiferlick does have software for Gen 1, but not the hardware for Gen 2. Ryan B is checking into Gen 2 hardware for Farrell’s.
- Final Comments: Erin will contact new board members. Think about what ITA can do for events, athletes, coaches, and referees. What can we do in the state to promote Taekwondo, seminars, projects, etc…
- Meeting adjourned, no objections, 7:38pm