Iowa Taekwondo Alliance

ITA Minutes – 4/10/17

Home »  Meeting Minutes »  ITA Minutes – 4/10/17

ITA Minutes – 4/10/17

On May 9, 2017, Posted by , In Meeting Minutes, With Comments Off on ITA Minutes – 4/10/17

Iowa Taekwondo Alliance Meeting

Monday Apr 10, 2017

Regular Meeting (Teleconference)

Number: 712-432-3022, Code 905529

 

Called to order by Erin Carpenter at 9:01pm

Present: Erin Carpenter, Justin Faiferlick, Ryan Bishop, Mike Wickham, Chris Schear, Karen Collins, Anne Neumann, Amy Ratekin, Dave Carpenter, Brandon Miller, and Teresa Nickell.

Absent: Scott Phelps, Thomas Hawkins jr

  • Approved previous meeting minutes (12/11/2016).
  • Treasurer Karen Collins reported a balance of $9,894.35 in savings and $10,135.24 in checking account.
  • Report on State Championships (Amy R): 176 athletes, most of them double categories. Numbers down a little due to AAU. We had 3 rings and finished within 45 minutes of closing time. Opted not to do 2 year plan because of $1700 cost.
  • Report on poomsae seminar (Ryan B): Beneficial to 47 participants. Netted over $1000.
  • Report on membership (Erin C): 18 members, 9 club, 9 individuals: $1575 potential revenue for recurring members. Discussed ideas on increasing membership. Brandon M will take lead on recruiting new members and contacting why some didn’t renew.
  • Master Wickham’s request for funds: Motion made by Amy R, seconded by Chris S. No objections. Funds approved.
  • Potential pre-nationals events: Month of May is full with graduations, KC Classic, Master Pak back. Maybe June. Possibly combine poomsae and sparring event, rumble, fitness, stretching, referee, coach, etc. Those interested in helping coordinate, contact Amy R.
  • Athlete support: ITA initial five year plan included a scholarship/funds available to athletes going to Nationals. Possibly $100 stipend for those that send their registration receipt. Club/Individual had to be members of ITA at time of Qualifier. Put an ITA table at qualifier to recruit and remind of benefits. Erin/Karen/Mike create an application, signed by instructor, and send Hangastar receipt electronically.
  • Bylaw changes: Chris S recommends having a committee to review/update bylaws. Chris S/Amy R/Karen C, interested in helping.
  • Open/Action Items:
    • ITA Merchandise available? Committee: Schear, Ratekin, Carpenter, Miller. (Dec 2016)
    • Ryan B said he would check with Brandon M as the Club Representative to see how else we can get the clubs involved and see what they are interested in doing (Dec 2016)
    • Erin C/Brandon M: Recruit/Retention: – Send email of those clubs that have not renewed ITA membership and/or find out why not renewing. – Get a list of current club members in Iowa so we know who is involved in our grass roots association. – Recruit new members (Dec 2016)
    • Erin C developing application process for reimbursements for nationals/events (Dec 2016). Added: Erin/Karen/Mike to help with Scholarship/funds available to athletes: create an application and send Hangastar receipt electronically. (Apr 2016)
    • Area delegates need to reach out to clubs in their areas. (Dec 2016)
    • Scott P will try to get list of AAU schools from AAU president to include them in our ITA. (Dec 2016)
    • Schedule of Events: Pre-National & Annual events. Those interested in helping coordinate, contact Amy R. (Apr 2016)
    • Bylaw changes: coordinate with Chris S for suggestions/inputs on changes. (Apr 2016)

 

  • Meeting adjourned, no objections, 10:22pm    

Comments are closed.