Meeting Minutes – 1/17/2016
Iowa Taekwondo Alliance Meeting
Sunday Jan 17, 2016 Teleconference Meeting
Number: 712-432-3022, Code 905529
Called to order by Erin Carpenter at 9:01pm
Present: Erin Carpenter, Justin Faiferlick, Brandon Miller, Ryan Bishop, Mike Wickham, Chris Schear, Karen Collins, Anne Neumann, Scott Phelps, and Amy Ratekin
Absent: Jason Pak, Belmina Cosic
- Previous Meeting Minutes accepted and approved.
- Lonnie Matthews, Eastern Iowa representative resigned due to time constraints and other commitments. We will need a new representative for Eastern Iowa.
- State Championship: Ratekin sent out budget. Wickham said 5 IRs committed – 2 from CA, Bob Ferry (OH), Sean Farrell (MT), Richard Brantley (GA). Possibly 25 IRs. Very experienced Poomsae referees. Per Diem for IRs only. Projected income almost double of expected costs. USAT suggestion for A&B levels is $75, C&D is $50 if more than 1 hour. Share every Monday through ITA. $500 donation by DSM Convention and Visitors Bureau for facility cost with Iowa Sports Commission. Motion made by Collins to accept budget, 2nd by Miller. No objections, budget approved.
- Athlete Protection Policy and Code of Ethics: Motion made by Schear, 2nd by Wickham to accept both documents as is. No objections, motion passed.
- Merchandise: Print to order options discussed including; embroidery polo, screen print t-shirt, water bottle. No objections to move to sub-committee to work colors, options, trial plan. Committee to provide recommendation base on evaluating the cost, quality, speed and customer service. Committee to include: Schear, Ratekin, Carpenter, Miller.
- Scott Fujii’s team (Los Angeles) available for 2 day seminar in April. Phelps will talk to Fujii’s about Apr 16-17. Backup date is 30 Apr and May 1. Ratekin made motion to table discussion for dates with national players, 2nd by Wickham. Deconflict with other events.
- Apr 02: Iowa AAU Qualifier & Farrell’s black belt testing
- Apr 09: Voorhees testing, CA state championships
- Apr 16-17: Open, possible Fort Dodge tournament/seminar
- Apr 22-24: Collegiates
- May 1: IL state championships
- May: Graduations, etc.
- Please share ITA events with contacts.
- Memberships are coming due for ITA.
Wickham made the motion to adjourn, 2nd by Miller. Meeting adjourned at 10:10pm